DataEarn, Inc. (“DataEarn,” “we,” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of its users and providing a safe and secure user experience. This policy details how data about you is collected, used, and shared when you access our website https://dataearn.com/ (the “DataEarn Site”), mobile application(s), and services or interact with us (collectively, the “DataEarn Services”).
ChildrenYou cannot sign up for a DataEarn account if you are under 16. If you learn that a child under the age of 16 has created a DataEarn account or provided us with personal information, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below. However, in connection with the services we offer through the DataEarn Services, we may obtain information about children under the age of 13 if a parent or legal guardian submits or shares such information with us. We ask that users of the DataEarn Services not provide information about a child under 13 without first getting the consent of the parent or legal guardian. By providing information regarding a child under the age of 13, you are affirming that you are legally authorized to do so.
What Personal Information We Obtain and UseDataEarn uses information that you provide when you create a DataEarn account, information that you upload to the DataEarn Services, and information automatically collected about you when you interact with the DataEarn Services.
Information You Provide to Create a DataEarn AccountWhen you subscribe for or use the DataEarn Services, or contact us for information, we collect the following personal information directly from you:
- your full name
- your email address
- your date of birth
- your country and state (if applicable) of residence
- whether the account is for you or for your entity
Information We Receive from Third PartiesOther than information received from our third-party cookies described above, we do not receive personal information from third parties currently.
How DataEarn Uses Personal InformationDataEarn stores and uses personal information it collects primarily to operate effectively and provide better quality experiences, but also to:
- provide, maintain and improve the DataEarn Services
- enhance user experience
- communicate with you, manage our relationship with you, which includes sending administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and respond to customer and prospective customer queries
- inform you of updates to the DataEarn Services, security alerts and other support and administrative messages
- communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions and events and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see “Choices” below)
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the DataEarn Services to improve your experience and our service offerings
- diagnose or fix technological issues; prevent fraud or criminal activities, misuse of our products or services and ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks
- comply with legal obligations and legal process
- respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence
- protect our operations
How We Share Personal InformationWe share the personal information that we collect and receive only with trusted third parties and business partners and only as necessary or appropriate to help us provide services to you, such as:
- hosting service providers
- our attorneys, accountant, auditors or other advisors
- other third-parties for any purpose with your consent or otherwise at your discretion
Selling Personal InformationDataEarn does not rent or sell your personal information to third parties without your consent.
How We Keep Personal Information SecureYour personal information is protected by commercial reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable U.S. federal and state regulations and industry standards. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption. In addition, we enforce physical access controls to our offices and files, and we do not authorize access to users’ personal information except for those personnel who require such access to fulfill their job responsibilities. Although we cannot guarantee encryption or the privacy of your personal details, SSL makes it very difficult for your information to be stolen or intercepted while being transferred. All information sent to our credit card payment processors is in the secure SSL environment, which will protect it against disclosure to third parties. Despite our efforts to ensure security, we cannot guarantee that personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of our administrative, managerial and technical safeguards. Therefore, we urge you to take adequate precautions to protect your personal data as well, including, without limitation, never sharing the username and password used in connection with your participation in the DataEarn Services. If we learn of a system security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically. By using the DataEarn Services, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically. DataEarn may post a notice on the DataEarn Services if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice of a security breach), you should notify us of your request by emailing us at email@example.com.
Information from MinorsWe do not knowingly solicit, collect or share information from any individuals under the age of 16.
- right to request that the business disclose what personal information it collects, uses, discloses, and sells
- right to request the deletion of their personal information collected by the business
- the right, at any time, to direct a business that sells personal information about the consumer to third parties not to sell the consumer’s personal information (“right to opt-out”)
Rights of Non-United States ResidentsThe legal bases for using your personal information. We collect, use, and share your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. This may be because:
- Our use of your personal information is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organization (for example in order to make improvements to our products and services and to provide you with information you request); you have a right to object to processing as explained in the section below titled Your legal rights
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (for example where we use your name and contact information to make communicate with you in the performance of our services)
- Our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have (for example, where we are required to undertake vetting to comply with safety and security regulations or where we are required to disclose personal information to a court or tax authority)
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal information: You have the right to restrict the use of your personal information when (i) you contest the accuracy of the data; (ii) the use is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data; (iii) we no longer need the personal information for the relevant purposes, but we require it for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the use of your personal information justified on your legitimate interests verification as to whether we have a compelling interest to continue to use your data. We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction, where (i) we have your consent; or (ii) to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (iii) to protect the rights of another natural or legal person. You may also have the right to withdraw consent at any time data processing, and you may lodge a complaint about processing of your personal data with a supervisory authority. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.
- Right to Make a Complaint: To make a complaint about how we handled your personal information, and other information regarding your rights. We commit to investigating and resolving complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. To make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to data portability: To the extent that we process your information (i) based on your consent or under a contract; and (ii) through automated means, you have the right to receive such personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller.